Job opening: Contemporary music director
To oversee the music for, and work with the pastor in planning of, the 11:15 service:
- A devout Christian, and a team player, with a passion for worshipping God through music
- Willing to serve under the direction of the pastor and within the parameters of the churches beliefs and traditions
- Participate in the band using his/her musical gifts
- Be the lead person in charge of the band and of the worship of God through music and oversee and direct the sound, lighting, ProPresenter and video elements of the service
- Select music/worship songs for the Sunday 11:15 services and other special, seasonal services
- Schedule and communicate with band and tech members about dates and times of their service and rehearsals
- Have a working knowledge of sound board or be willing to get trained
- Have a working knowledge of ProPresenter or be willing to get trained
- Have a working knowledge of Switcher or be willing to get trained
This is a part-time job and does not come with health insurance. Salary will be commensurate with the gifts, knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.
Band practice begins at 9:00 am with service beginning at 11:15 am. Service normally ends between 12:15-12:30 pm. It is expected that you will take care of the necessary preparation and scheduling during the week. However, you are not required to be on campus to complete that work.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please download, print, and complete the application below. Please include your resume with your job application! You’re welcome to mail this in or deliver it to the church secretary during office hours, M-F 9:00 am – 2:00 pm. Please call the church office with any questions.