Dear Journey to the Holy Land Participant.
Thank you for your willingness to participate in a new exciting Easter experience here at Wightman UMC. Your participation in this event will help us tell the story of Jesus to our children and guests. I have attached the scripts to this letter. They do not need to be memorized word for word, but if you read them several times a day between now and April 13, I would imagine you would know the material well enough to tell the story with ease. Below are several things you need to know:
1. The speakers are as follows:
First Station, Bethlehem: Amir Cromer
Second Station: Capernaum: TBD
Third Station, Samaria: Melissa Freeman
Fourth Station, Jerusalem: Ruby Miller
Fifth Station, Galilee: Ryan Studer
2. We are planning on having a second person in costume at each station for both crowd control and to stamp the passports. (You will probably want a table or a small board at each station for passport stamping.) I know Joe will be with Rudy. If you have recruited your own helper, please let us know so we don’t double recruit for your station.
3. You are responsible for your own station. We have costumes upstarts in the Children’s Education Wing. We are also trying to get pop-up tents for each station. If you have your own pop-up tent please let us know. I would like to see simple decorations that might help enhance the experience, but nothing over the top. If you need help with these, let us know.
4. The passports have been printed and the stamps and inkpad will be there for you, so you don’t have to worry.
5. The event will start at 1:00 p.m. on April 13 on the walking track. We are asking that you be set up and ready for a run-through by 12:15 p.m. Kendell and Brian will divide and listen to the presentations prior to the kids beginning their journey.
6. If something comes up and you don’t think you can make it, please let us know ASAP to recruit someone in your place.
7. For any updates that will occur: Bookmark this page
Thank you for stepping up to help enhance our Easter Egg Hunt and experience for the children of Wightman and the community.
Looking forward to a great day!